Effective Date: May 25, 2018
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
- We will not give personally identifiable information to advertisers;
- We utilize safe, secure technology to protect your personally identifiable information;
- We do not tolerate spam.
By visiting the https://www.backdropsbeautiful.com/ web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by BackdropsBeautiful.com. Please check this site regularly for updates or changes.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If you have any questions, or would like further clarification, please contact our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Controller Information
We’re Backdrops Beautiful, 7990 Dagget St, Ste C San Diego, CA 92111. We are a data controller of your personal data. The company, Backdrops Beautiful, which provides your product is named at the start of these terms and conditions.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use it
At Backdrops Beautiful, our main purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with an enjoyable, customized, and efficient experience on our site. It is our policy to never willfully disclose any personal information about our customers to the general public without their consent. Backdrops Beautiful collects information from you when you register and conduct certain activities on the site. The data collected from backdropsbeautiful.com is to contact you for Backdrops Beautiful products you requested. Other information collected from Backdrops Beautiful is used to improve product offerings, customize our site's content and layout, and for marketing and statistical efforts. Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and Contact Details, such as title, your full name, contact details and history, including valid telephone number, contact/billing information, email address, and physical address.
- Products you have rented or purchased and products you have been interested in and the associated payment methods used.
- Marketing Communications to you and analyzing data, including history of those communications, whether you open the communications or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analyzing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you. Offers may include all of our products and services, including offering discounts and specials that may interest you. You can always opt-out of receiving any information from us, but please understand that such a request will likely limit your ability to take advantage of all of the features and products available on BackdropsBeautiful.com.
We also collect some information from your browser. This includes your IP address which enables us to identify your computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, which includes the World Wide Web. This general information (including click stream data and cookies) may be collected from you whenever you access the site whether or not you provide us with any personal information. This information helps us to diagnose problems with our servers and administer the Site, and helps us in identifying you and your specific needs.
We may use click stream data (i.e., server address, domain name) to analyze and better customize your visits. Such uses may include traffic analysis of our website to determine which features are most or least effective or useful to you.
Any physical documents that contain personal information obtained from our clients is stored in a locked cabinet that is safe and secure.
Additionally, we use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed above, for the following purposes:
- Managing the product you have with us or that you are interested in.
- Updating your records, including personal information, products you are interested in, or products you have rented.
- Managing any aspect of the product
- To automatically send marketing communications regarding products you are interested in, have expressed interest in, or via your browsing history on our website.
- For our business operations, including accounting.
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics our communications
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We’ll send marketing to you by email, phone, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match). Offers may relate to any of our products.
- To provide personalized content to you, such as tailoring our products, our digital customer experience & offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels, as well as to any other information and offers we think may be of interest
- To develop new products and to review and improve current products.
- To provide analysis and insight of our customers to help us improve our products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our business.
What About "Cookies"?
|Processes||To make the website function in the way you expect. For example, we use a cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||To remember information about how you prefer the website to look and behave. For example, we use a cookie that allows you to navigate to certain portions of the website without signing in each time you return to our website.|
|Analytics||To provide us with an understanding of how visitors use the website. For example, we may use a cookies that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your behavior and interactions on our website.|
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly via phone or e-mail, and any information from other colleagues or coworkers associated with your company that express interest in our products.
- Information generated about you when you use our website and browse our products or interact with our marketing or social media communications.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- When it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Assessing a quote or inquiry regarding our products
- Placing a product on hold or reserving your product through placing a deposit or paying the balance in full.
- Updating your personal information regarding to changes to your contact details, product interest, and billing information.
- All stages and activities related to managing your account and our products.
- For some of our profiling and other automated decisions to decide to offer you a product or discount for a product.
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your products relating to that, updating your records, tracing your contact information to contact you about your account.
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics.
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We’ll send marketing to you by email, phone, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match, etc). Offers may relate to any of our products.
- For some of our profiling and other automated decisions to decide to offer you a product or discount for a product.
To comply with our legal obligations:
- For some direct marketing communications
- For some of our profiling and other automated decision marketing
- For some of our processing of special categories of personal data
When do we share your personal information with other organizations (i.e. third parties)?
We may share information with third parties (all are secure, under license and reputable companies) for the purposes listed above:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through our website, such as form builders. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of our service, such as network security, technical and customer support, marketing communications and hosting and maintenance services, tracking and reporting functions, payment processing, our own marketing communications, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: Our website may link to third party services, like another business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
How and when can you withdraw your consent (including opt out rights)?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below. You have the right not to receive marketing information if you do not want it. To opt out of receiving information from BackdropsBeautiful.com, you can do so via the unsubscribe link in our emails or reach out to us via the Contact Us section of the website.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website or call us at 1-858-300-2100. We’ll then update your records. Upon request by e-mail or by mail, we will provide to visitors a summary of any personal information retained by us regarding the visitor. Visitors may modify, correct, or update their personal record or cause their personal record to be removed from our database. Company will only send personal records to the e-mail address on file for the visitor name associated with it.
What are my rights to my personal information?
You have the right to easily request access to your personal information, deletion of your personal data, request to stop processing your data, or request your information be transferred to you or the third party of your choice via reaching out to us in the Contact Us section of our website.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
What about other automated decision making?
We sometimes make decisions about you using only technology, where none of our employees or any other individuals have been involved. For instance, we may do this to decide: whether to offer you a product or service or the price or discount we will offer.
We’ll do this where it is necessary for entering into or performing the relevant contract, is authorized by laws that apply to us, or is based on your explicit consent.
How long is your personal information retained by us
Unless we explain to you otherwise, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws. You can contact us via the Contact Us section of our website.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your mailing address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, etc) to contact you according to your marketing preferences.
You can opt out of any email marketing by following the unsubscribe links. If you receive a marketing call from us, you can ask the person who called you to opt you out. You can also write to us at Backdrops Beautiful 7990 Dagget St, Ste C San Diego, CA 92111. Or send us an email on our Contact Us section and message us that you would like to opt out of marketing communications.
BackdropsBeautiful.com does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. Backdrops Beautiful is committed to protecting the privacy of children and has no intention of collecting personal data from children under the age of 18. We encourage parents and guardians of children under 18 to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of email and other activities online.
We Want To Hear From You
Your opinion truly counts. Our site was designed to serve the needs of our customers. Please contact us with any questions or comments. You may do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to Backdrops Beautiful 7990 Dagget St, Ste C San Diego, CA 92111.